You may think lawnmower blade sharpening required a lot of time & skill. To some house owners, still, that may seem unimportant. Above all, even if the blade is a tiny faint, they’ll yet cut grass. Okay, but that’s not the major target.
Dull blades will badly rip through grass, leaving behind raggedly torn germ on the ends of the particular grass blades. That’s the main reason to make your grass to turn brown and able to attack your grass various types of germ like Brown Patch (Rhizoctonia Solani), Large Patch ( Rhizoctonia solani ), Summer Patch ( Magnaporthe poae ), or Necrotic Ring Spot ( Ophiosphaerella Korra ).
If you want to make your grass always healthy and green, so you need to know how to sharpen the blades on your lawnmower? The basic moral to sharpen blades are instead significantly easier.
How to understand if you’re blades need to sharpen?
Here is some syndrome that you should sharpen your lawnmower blades:
- The mower leaves a torn, cuddly finish.
- The blades of grass torn more than cutting.
- One day or After a long time mowing, the grass has been brown sprout.
- It was have been sharpening at least one years ago, then sharpen it again.
- If you hit on rocks or garden ground.
- It was utilized on the weeds, poles, or other garbage in the grass, so it needs to sharpen several times per summer.
How to sharpen the lawnmower blades?
Follow the instruction to sharpen your lawnmower blade:
- Disconnect the spark plug or eliminate the battery to stop an unintended start.
- Pointer the lawnmower up on its side.
- The side with the carburetor, as well as the air filter, must be on top.
- Block the blade with the item of 2×8 or location an item of 4″ pipeline via the side discharge and over the blade to hold it in position.
- Utilize the wrench to eliminate the screw, which holds the blade in position.
- Set the screw & washing machine apart where they work certainly not be shed.
- Secure the blade in the vice, in cutting placement with the first & to be sharpened, expanding 3 or 4 inches the jaws of the vice.
- For fast grinding action, double-cut data will certainly remove a lot of material quickly.
- For sharpening as well as developing a last side utilizes single-cut data.
- Dual-sided data are available with one edge single-cut and the opposite double-cut.
- When the initial end is full, re-position the blade and sharpen the various other cutting sides.
- Once both edges are sharp, inspect the blade’s equilibrium by hanging it on a nail via the screw hole.
- If it hangs flat, it’s preparing to re-install.
- Suppose one end hangs less than the other file a little bit extra pff that end’s edge till the blade balances on the nail. This will certainly gale sire that the lawnmowers run efficiently.
- Re-install the sharp, well-balanced blade.
- Remember to utilize the 4-8 or pipeline to maintain the blade as you tighten up the scores.
- Reconnect the spark plug cable. You are prepared to mow.
At last, if you following every step of this instruction so you can easily sharpen or change your lawnmower via yourself. I hope this “How to sharpen the lawnmower blades” article will be helpful to you.
How to test a voltage regulator on a lawn mower
There are many techniques to test the voltage regulator, I practically use two techniques for the testing voltage regulator. I will discuss both techniques. Both two techniques are similar and the result is exactly the same. But these two different techniques are depending on the lawnmower Situation.
For the first technique, we need a voltmeter to test the voltage regulator of the battery. I will testing steps by step, follow every step:
- Join the positive or red cable of the voltmeter to the negative or black cable of the battery.
- Take a LED light to the battery and switch on the battery for lighting.
- Now, switch on the voltmeter, and make assure that the voltage cable is perfectly added with the battery positive and negative terminal.
- Now, switch on the voltmeter, and make assured it is set to the volts. It will given the result around 12 volts.
- If it shows you a 12 volts reading, that means the battery is safe and sound. 12 volts is the standard volt
- Now examine the reading result again on the voltmeter. The reading result should higher rate. It must be shown at least 13 volts.
If the reading result did not run like up-down, so that means the voltage regulator is not working anymore now. It requires to repaired or replacing to the new voltage regulator.
- Find the voltage regulator positive red (+ve) cable the join it with the positive terminal (+ve) of the regulator. Next, join the black negative terminal (-ve) with the negative (-ve) regulator terminal.
- Now switch on the voltmeter and make assure that, you perfectly set both terminals with the mower.
- Now, switch on the headlight of the mower by the mower starting key. This will give a read on the voltmeter. If it does not show any result, that means the generator is not working anymore. You need to replace a generator.
- Now, start your mower, and focus on the voltmeter; It will show you a read. If it providing you any read that means the regulator is generating power. But if it does not show any read so it is clear there is a problem with the regulator. You must need to repair or replace a new regulator.
My last word
These are the two main techniques, both techniques are easy. You can use both techniques on your mower. Choose which technique fits with you then apply it to your mower. I think these two techniques are helpful, and if you follow these both techniques so you easily test your mower voltage regulator, inshallah.